Last blog articles
Search on blog
Contact us by our contact form
Commercial Laundry, Geebung QLD (SANICUBIC 2 VX)
Case Studies 03/17/2023
A major refurbishment and extension of an existing retirement home in Geebung in Brisbane Queensland was carried out during early to mid-2016.
The factors to be considered included water volume, water velocity and water temperature.
SANICUBIC 2 VX
With the large extension came a need for a much larger laundry, however, no drainage was available to support this. Digging up concrete to lay new drainage lines and the favoured position of the new laundry meant costs would be extremely high. MRP Hydraulic and Fire Services Consultants Pty Ltd approached Saniflo for possible alternative solutions.
Consideration had to be made by Saniflo’s Technical Manager Greg Waters, for the very large commercial washing machines that would create several critical points that would affect the operation of any pumping system. The factors to be considered included water volume, water velocity and water temperature.
With the layout of the building, it was decided that Sanicubic 2 VX was the only pump that could overcome the issues of the incredible volume of water.
Sanicubic 2 VX can discharge water at a maximum rate 363 metres per hour (10.3 litres per second).
It was recommended the project utilise three dissipation/baffle tanks, positioned between the outlet of the washing machines and the inlet to the pump. These tanks would have the effect of regulating the velocity of the water entering the pump that may have affected the activation. Increasing the distance between the washing machines and the pumps also served to reduce the highest temperatures down below 70°C which is the maximum operating temperature of the Sanicubic 2 VX.
Sanicubic 2 VX is a powerful lifting station used for demanding commercial situations. It features twin 2000w motors, vortex blade-less pumping technology which is well suited for applications to eliminate blockages.
- Ideal for large volume commercial situations
- Large bore vortex pump with a 50 mm free passage capable of pumping waste water without the need to macerate.
- Easily removable motors for servicing and maintenance
- Large 120 L tank volume
- Easy to install – no need to excavate
- Two alarms for ultimate safety – both hard-wired
- Two integrated non-return valves and four inlets: 40/50/100/110 mm and one inlet 40/50 mm
- Working temperature of 35°C. Will handle up to 70°C for short periods.
- Volt free contact for connection to a Building Management System